Deepwater Industries Federal Credit Union was organized and chartered in 1935 by a small group of employees of the DuPont Chambers Works, Deepwater, NJ. The credit union grew steadily through the years serving the Chamber Works employees.
The credit union began to expand its field of membership in 1990. Currently the employees and families of over 80 different companies, companies and non-profit organizations enjoy membership in the Credit Union.
In 1995, the Credit Union moved its office space from the Chambers Works to its current location at 565 North Broadway in Deepwater, NJ. With this larger facility the Credit Union has continued to grow and develop better services and products for its members. Deepwater currently serves around 9,000 members and has over $85 million in assets.
This is the original credit union building located onsite at DuPont Chambers works.
Credit Union Timeline
Click on the photos to view full-size images.